Sunday, April 14, 2013

Collaboration During My Spring Break



            My spring break was last week and I had an amazing time visiting my family and friends back in the border cities of El Paso, Texas and Juarez, Mexico. While I was there, I decided to call an old friend from middle school to collaborate on a photo shoot. Cassandra Arredondo, also known as Cachis by her friends, is a visionary who is working her craft in many different forms of fashion and art. She launched her own make-up services line (instagram @rebelblush), she is in the process of developing a fashion magazine to promote local boutiques, and is hungry to gain knowledge in other fields such as photography and design.

            Our session took place on a slightly windy afternoon at golden hour on Friday, April the fifth. We shot in a parking lot at Sunland Park Mall and at a park near her neighborhood. The parking lot proved to be a great location. A beautiful sunset that only El Paso can provide, served as our source of lighting, and we were even lucky to get the Asarco towers as you’ll see in one of the pictures.

            For those of you who don’t know, the Asarco towers were demolished yesterday (April thirteenth). It was a bittersweet morning for many El Pasoans since it served as a monument for the city; however, it was not being used, and back when it was in business, it was known for heavily polluting the Sun City.

            Anyway, I hope you like this collection, which I had to narrow from 500+ pictures down to five. All pictures were shot with a Nikon D3100, have a focal length of 55mm, and an F-stop of 5.6. You can check out these and more pictures on my Facebook page.

            Have a great week, and I will leave you with a quote from the film I Am Number Four, which kind of defines my spring break back home: “A place is only as good as the people you know.” Keep them close to you!






            


No comments:

Post a Comment