Monday, April 21, 2014

#LindsayOnOwn


            

           Hello everyone! It’s nice to be back after two months. You might remember a blogpost from July 14th of last year in which I talk about the announcement of Lindsay Lohan’s docu-series on the OWN network. Well, today was the finale of the seven-episode show and I will be giving my personal points of view. So, if you haven’t finished watching, stop reading as there will be spoilers.

            I can’t say I didn’t like it since I watched each episode religiously; however, I had so many issues with the show! First of all, I was taken away from the experience many times (especially at the beginning when I was figuring out the tone of the show) because it wasn’t strictly shot like a docu-series, and there was a lot of intervention by the crew. Audio was really bad on some scenes, such as Lindsay’s audio when she’s being interviewed by Oprah at Dina’s house on episodes three and four, and the literary agent’s audio in the sixth episode. One of the things that made me laugh took place on the fifth episode. It’s a scene with the personal assistant, AJ, and someone else having a conversation on the street. People are walking by, aware that they’re on camera but not knowing what to do. They look at the camera, try to hide from it, walk quickly, etc. I just thought it was pretty funny, but also wondered where the second camera was.

            Story wise, Lindsay was pretty much a lost cause until the last episode, maybe? I sympathized with many of the people around her who didn’t get the credit they deserved, which are AJ, the sober coach, and the best character of the show, her personal assistant. I am happy though that the show didn’t really take sides and didn’t mind showing Lindsay be a total b****, as the Indonesian lady from the “natural lighting” photo shoot called her. (I love that they showed that).

            This show was a guilty pleasure that kept bringing back the audience to see if Lindsay could ever clean her act. Oprah reminded us she is a total boss with her speeches, and even though it wasn’t great on a technical level as I’ve mentioned already, I think the people in the story department did a good job considering all the footage that was recorded and all the events that took place.

No comments:

Post a Comment